As a parent, there is nothing more painful than having a child with a devastating injury. Your newborn may be suffering from seizures, only to later be diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy or oxygen deprived brain injury. You need to know if this condition was inevitable, or the result of negligence. We are experienced in these injuries and have experts available who can review the medical records for you. We can answer questions such as: Did you have proper prenatal care? Was everything monitored correctly during your labor and delivery? Should your child have been delivered by C-section? These are all important questions that need to be answered in evaluating the care you and your child received.
A lifetime of increased needs is not only difficult for your child and emotionally trying for you, but it can also be extremely expensive. If your child’s injuries were caused by the negligence of others, we can help you recover damages to care for your child’s needs. Cases we have handled in the past include:
- Shoulder Distocia – Pelvic insufficiency causes the fetus to basically become stuck in the birth canal. When the child is forcibly delivered, they suffer from a brachial plexus injury.
- Cerebral Palsy – As a result of an arrest of labor, fetal monitor strips document fetal distress. This went undiagnosed, the fetus was not delivered by c-section, and the child was born with severe cerebral palsy.
- Prolapsed Cord – Failing to properly manage a prolapsed cord during delivery, resulting in fetal oxygen depravation and significant brain damage.
- Compartment Syndrome – IV infiltration led to compartment syndrome and loss of use of an extremity.
- Compartment Syndrome – Failure to properly monitor and diagnose compartment syndrome following surgical repair of a fracture.
If our initial review indicates a probable case of malpractice, we will employ the best expert obstetricians and gynecologists in the country to review your case and testify on your behalf. Our animated exhibits can also help jurors visualize the problems with your delivery to help them better understand the failures which led to your child’s injury.
At Norton Schwab, our personal injury practice areas in Dallas, TX include:
- Burn Injuries
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Product Liability Claims
- Truck Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Wrongful Death
If you believe you or a loved one may have been the victim of a brain injury, please feel free to call Norton Schwab at 1-888-MED-MALS to have your case evaluated, or fill out our case review contact form on this page.