Brain injuries can be caused by so many factors that the evaluation of negligence can be a long and cumbersome process. If our initial evaluation points to a possible error, we will employ experts from various fields, including Neurology, Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Neurosurgery, Pulmonology, and others to seek the truth and obtain justice for our clients. Some of the most devastating cases our Dallas burn injury attorney has handled involve injury to the brain. These injuries usually occur due to vascular insufficiency, oxygen depravation, or metabolic problems. Some of the cases we have handled in the past include:
- Stroke – Vertebral artery dissection following chiropractic manipulation, resulting in brain injury.
- Stroke – Medication error, causing increased blood pressure, and resulting in a stroke.
- Stroke – Failing to timely diagnose and/or treat a stroke.
- Stroke – Failing to monitor and evaluate blood pressure during a dental procedure, resulting in a stroke.
- Birth Injury – Failing to properly manage a prolapsed cord upon delivery, resulting in fetal oxygen deprivation and significant brain damage.
- Birth Injury – Failing to detect arrested labor and fetal distress, resulting in significant brain injury.
- Wernicke Encephalopathy – Failing to properly monitor and order nutrition during TPN, (total parenteral nutrition), resulting in metabolic brain damage.
- Cushing Syndrome – Failing to keep midline during transsphenoidal hypophysectomy surgery, resulting in damage to optic nerve and blindness.
- Airway Management – Failing to properly intubate, resulting in intubation of the esophagus, hypoxia, and brain damage.
Contact Our Dallas Burn Injury Attorneys Today For Consultation
If you believe you or a loved one may have been the victim of a brain injury caused by negligence, please feel free to contact Dallas burn injury lawyers at Norton Schwab by calling +1 214-570-0404 or fill out our case review contact form on this page.