Family Medicine Negligence Texas, Oklahoma & Arkansas | Family Medicine Malpractice Lawyer Dallas Texas
Family doctors are our primary care givers. Family doctors are trained in areas of family medicine or general medicine. Although family doctors are not required to have the specific knowledge that specialists have, they are required to be able to identify which particular specialist a patient needs to see to address those conditions that can’t be handled by the primary care physician. As such, family doctors often refer patients to cardiologists, obstetricians, pulmonologists, dermatologists and various other specialists. As the gatekeepers in the delivery of preventative medical care, their primary duties are to identify those conditions which require higher levels of care. Unfortunately, this does not always occur, resulting in disastrous outcomes due to failures on the part of the primary care physician.
Our medical malpractice law firm has helped the families of family medicine malpractice in cases where there was a failure to control and monitor medical conditions such as diabetes and cardiovacular disease; where there was a failure to refer patients to the appropriate specialist; where there was a failure to diagnose certain conditions; and where there was a failure to recognize an emergent condition requiring immediate hospitalization.
At Norton Schwab, our medical malpractice practice areas in Dallas, TX include:
- Nursing Home Negligence Malpractice
- Hospital Negligence Malpractice
- Pharmaceutical Error Malpractice
- Lap Band Negligence Malpractice
- Chiropractic Negligence Malpractice
- Orthopedic Negligence Malpractice
- Cardiology Negligence Malpractice
- Anesthesiology Negligence Malpractice
- Pediatric Negligence Malpractice
- Emergency Medicine Malpractice
- Neurosurgical Negligence Malpractice
- Bariatric Surgery Malpractice
- Obstetrical Negligence Malpractice
- Dental Negligence Malpractice
If you believe you or a loved one has been the victim of malpractice at the hands of a family physician, please feel free to contact Norton Schwab for a case evaluation. If you allow us to handle your case, you will be well represented. We will work to give you the tools and advantages necessary to resolve your case successfully. Please call 1-888-MED-MALS or fill out our case review contact form on this page.